Bring FDA Tobacco Content to Your Website for Free
February 24, 2012
We just launched a new feature on FDA.gov that allows you to easily add our tobacco-related content to your website. The content blends into your site’s look and feel, giving your site visitors a seamless experience, while providing high-quality content you don’t have to create, update, or maintain.
What Content Can You Syndicate?
With more than 40 web pages currently available, you can provide your website visitors with information on:
- The Tobacco Control Act
- Retailer education information and resources
- Guidance and regulations from FDA’s Center for Tobacco Products
- Tobacco packaging and advertising
- State and local tobacco resources
Why Syndicate FDA Tobacco Content?
There are many reasons to syndicate free tobacco content from FDA.gov, including:
- Access to high-quality content, increasing the value of your website with little time or effort on your part.
- Less time to develop, maintain, and update content on your site--let FDA do this for you.
- Instead of linking to FDA.gov, you can keep your web visitors on your Internet or Intranet sites and still provide them with useful, relevant, and timely tobacco information from FDA.gov.
How Do I Get Started?
There are several resources to get you started including a “Help” page and a Frequently Asked Questions page. These tools will guide you through the process from registration to syndication, and can answer most of your questions.
- Please visit http://tools.fda.gov to get started.
- Browse the site and get familiar with the many ways to find content.
- When you are ready, simply sign up, choose the content, and copy and paste our web code onto your site.
- What is Content Syndication?
- How Does Content Syndication Work?
- Request a Page to be Syndicated
- Report a Problem with a Syndicated Page
Posted February 24, 2012