Table of Contents
Related Resources for Section 105
- Action Plan
- Development. Not later than 6 months after the date of enactment of this Act, the Secretary of Health and Human Services (in this section referred to as the "Secretary") shall develop and publish an action plan to enforce restrictions adopted pursuant to section 906 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, as added by section 101(b) of this division, or pursuant to section 102(a) of this division, on promotion and advertising of menthol and other cigarettes to youth.
- Consultation. The action plan required by paragraph (1) shall be developed in consultation with public health organizations and other stakeholders with demonstrated expertise and experience in serving minority communities.
- Priority. The action plan required by paragraph (1) shall include provisions designed to ensure enforcement of the restrictions described in paragraph (1) in minority communities.
- State and Local Activities
- Information on Authority. Not later than 3 months after the date of enactment of this Act, the Secretary shall inform State, local, and tribal governments of the authority provided to such entities under section 5(c) of the Federal Cigarette Labeling and Advertising Act, as added by section 203 of this division, or preserved by such entities under section 916 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, as added by section 101(b) of this division.
- Community Assistance. At the request of communities seeking assistance to prevent underage tobacco use, the Secretary shall provide such assistance, including assistance with strategies to address the prevention of underage tobacco use in communities with a disproportionate use of menthol cigarettes by minors.