Table of Contents
Related Resources for Section 101
- Definition of Tobacco Products. Section 201 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (21 U.S.C. 321) is amended by adding at the end the following:
- The term 'tobacco product' means any product made or derived from tobacco that is intended for human consumption, including any component, part, or accessory of a tobacco product (except for raw materials other than tobacco used in manufacturing a component, part, or accessory of a tobacco product).
- The term 'tobacco product' does not mean an article that is a drug under subsection (g)(1), a device under subsection (h), or a combination product described in section 503(g).
- The products described in paragraph (2) shall be subject to chapter V of this Act.
- A tobacco product shall not be marketed in combination with any other article or product regulated under this Act (including a drug, biologic, food, cosmetic, medical device, or a dietary supplement)."
- FDA Authority over Tobacco Products. The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (21 U.S.C. 301 et seq.) is amended
- by redesignating chapter IX as chapter X;
- by redesignating sections 901 through 910 as sections 1001 through 1010; and
- by inserting after chapter VIII the following: