Make your voice heard and be part of our ongoing effort to improve public health in the United States.
We solicit information and comments, announced in the Federal Register and posted in dockets on Regulations.gov, from concerned citizens, industry, and organizations on a wide range of issues related to implementation of the Tobacco Control Act.
Submit CommentsNo current listings.
What makes an effective and useful comment?
Our decisions are based on science and law. We look for logic, good science, and other evidence in the comments we evaluate.
- Provide a clear statement of whether you support or oppose the proposed rule or guidance.
- Include any of the following that support your position:
- Read more tips for submitting effective comments on the regulations.gov website.
Your role in shaping tobacco regulation
Our regulatory process generally follows these steps:
- Rule/ Regulation Proposed
We publish a proposed rule in the Federal Register.
- Public Comments Considered
Our proposals generally have a 60-90 day review period.
- Final Rule Issued
After considering all comments, we issue a final rule.
- Compliance with New Rule Enforced
We must ensure that retailers and businesses comply with the regulation.