Science & Research
Volume IV - 13.5 Temperature
Orientation and Training
|VERSION NO.: 1.3|
Section 13 - Engineering
|EFFECTIVE DATE: 10-01-03||REVISED: 02-14-13|
To provide the trainee with the fundamentals of temperature and temperature measurement.
The trainer will present basic information regarding temperature and temperature measuring equipment. Topics to be covered are:
- constant temperature baths,
- thermometers and their corrections (such as stem correction),
- thermistor-based temperature measuring equipment,
- calibration of temperature measuring equipment, and
- use of standard thermometers and platinum resistance thermometers.
The trainee will be expected to gain practical experience with laboratory equipment.