Orientation and Training
Food and Drug Administration
To provide the trainee with the fundamentals of temperature and temperature measurement.
The trainer will present basic information regarding temperature and temperature measuring equipment. Topics to be covered are:
- constant temperature baths,
- thermometers and their corrections (such as stem correction),
- thermistor-based temperature measuring equipment,
- calibration of temperature measuring equipment, and
- use of standard thermometers and platinum resistance thermometers.
The trainee will be expected to gain practical experience with laboratory equipment.