Other Laboratory Operations
Food and Drug Administration
To provide training for the identification and quantification of pesticide residues in FDA regulated commodities. In addition, this training is designed to provide detailed information required to properly assemble a data package capable of supporting regulatory action
Read ORA-LAB.010, Guidance for the Analysis and Documentation to Support Regulatory Action On Pesticide Residues. Read all referenced PAM sections. The trainer will then review in detail all of the required elements to generate an analytical package.
- ORA-LAB.010, Guidance for the Analysis and Documentation to Support Regulatory Action On Pesticide Residues.
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, Office of Plant, Dairy Foods and Beverages. Makovi, C. M. (Ed.), McMahon, B. M. (Ed. Emerita). (1994). Pesticide analytical manual-multiresidue methods (3rd ed., Vol. I, (updated October 1999). R.O.W. Sciences, Inc.
- Where do you find the official tolerances for residues listed?
- When the level of a residue exceeds an official tolerance, what type of analysis is performed? How close must this agree with the original analysis?
- If there is no tolerance for a residue, what value must the analyte level exceed?
- In the identification of residues, what is required to “Confirm” the identity of an analyte?
- When is recovery information required?
- When is the calculation of the Lq (Limit of Quantitation) required?