Science & Research
ArrayTrack™ System Requirements
You must have an Oracle license to run ArrayTrack™ locally.
- ArrayTrack™ is only available on CD. You can request a CD by contacting Dr. Weida Tong at 870-543-7142 or email@example.com.
- ArrayTrack™ is a client-server application consisting of a Java front-end and an Oracle database serving as the data repository. It has a client application that runs on a user's workstation and an ORACLE database running on a server. You need to setup the server first before installing the client software from our Web site (detailed instructions for this installation are included on the CD).
- Oracle Database Standard or Enterprise Edition, Version 10g or above.
- Database storage of 40 GB of disk space for a basic installation. (The storage requirements will increase significantly if users wish to use ArrayTrack™ as the repository for their microarray data.)
- 2GB or more of memory for the Oracle instance. Refer to Oracle documentation for further information.
- Oracle import utility (imp) version 188.8.131.52 or higher is required in order to import data into your database. (Windows batch scripts and UNIX shell scripts are included.)
- Optional Web server. A Web server is required when you run ArrayTrack™ client in "prompted" mode. It is used to host a Java Web start (.jnlp) file. A Web server is not required to run ArrayTrack™ in "unprompted" mode. (See the "How To Install" section of the ArrayTrack™ client setup.)
- To have optimal performance, we suggest that you install the ArrayTrack™ database on a dedicated machine with optimized I/O. Consult with a Database Administrator for details.
Client Workstation Requirements:
- ArrayTrack™ needs to be running in Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5 or above.
- The database can be installed on the client's machine for single-user use.