Recall -- Firm Press Release
FDA posts press releases and other notices of recalls and market withdrawals from the firms involved as a service to consumers, the media, and other interested parties. FDA does not endorse either the product or the company.
Mission Foods Voluntarily Recalls Taco Dinner Kits Due to Possible Undeclared Milk Allergen
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - IRVING, Texas, April 13, 2012 – Mission Foods announced today a voluntary recall of its Taco Dinner Kits distributed by Kroger, Winn-Dixie, Food Lion and Bottom Dollar Food because they may contain undeclared milk. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
The affected products are distributed by retail grocery stores in the following states:
Kroger: Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky, West Virginia, Kansas, Nebraska and Tennessee. Stores under the following names where Kroger operates are included in this recall: Kroger, Scott’s, Payless, Owen’s, Food-4-Less in Chicago, JayC, Dillons, Gerbes and Bakers
Food Lion, Bloom and Bottom Dollar Food: North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Georgia, Florida, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey and Ohio
Winn-Dixie: Florida, Louisiana, Georgia, Mississippi and Alabama
Mission Foods has decided to recall these products as a precautionary measure. No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with the Taco Dinner Kit products.
Mission Foods is recalling the following items:
- Kroger Taco Dinner Kit, 12-count, containing 12 crisp shells, sauce and seasoning with UPC code 0-11110-85474-2 dated GA AUG 10 12.
- Winn-Dixie Taco Dinner Kit, 12-count, containing 12 white corn taco shells, taco sauce and seasoning mix with UPC code 0-21140-20569-8 dated GA AUG 10 12.
- Bloom and Bottom Dollar Food: Hannaford Taco Dinner Kit, 12-count, containing 12 taco shells, taco sauce and seasoning mix with UPC code 0-41268-17572-7 dated GA AUG 10 12.
- Bloom and Bottom Dollar Food: Hannaford Hard & Soft Taco Dinner Kit, 12-count, containing 6 hard tacos and 6 soft tortillas, taco sauce and seasoning mix with UPC code 0-41268-17573-4 dated GA AUG 07 12.
- Food Lion, Harveys and Reid’s: Food Lion Taco Dinner Kit, 12-count, containing 12 taco shells, taco sauce and seasoning mix with UPC code 0-35826-00661-5 dated GA AUG 10 12.
- Note, on April 6th Food Lion announced a recall of its Food Lion store brand 13.4 ounce hard/soft taco dinner – sold at Food Lion, Harveys and Reid’s grocery stores with the UPC 3582605118 and dated GA AUG 07 12, which is also part of the affected product.
The recall was initiated after it was discovered that a milk containing product was distributed in packaging that did not reveal the presence of milk.
Consumers should return the product to the store where it was purchased for a refund.
Consumers who have questions about this recall may contact Mission Foods toll-free at 800-600-8226 (8:00am - 5:00pm, Central Standard Time) or http://qa.missionfoods.com/qualityinternet/missioncontactus.html.
Media contact:Loretta Stevens or Nicole Arena, 415/500-0645
Recalled Product Photos Are Also Available on FDA's Flickr Photostream.