Recall -- Firm Press Release
FDA posts press releases and other notices of recalls and market withdrawals from the firms involved as a service to consumers, the media, and other interested parties. FDA does not endorse either the product or the company.
GloryBee Foods, Inc. Announces a Nationwide Recall Expansion of Honey Roasted Peanut Splits, Whole Raw Blanched Peanuts, Organic Dry Roasted (No Salt) Peanut Splits, Conventional Dry Roasted (No Salt) Peanut Splits, Dry Roasted Granulated Medium Peanuts, Whole Honey Peanuts, Raw Redskin Peanuts, Aunt Patty’s Made with Organic Cascade Trail Mix, and Aunt Patty’s Mt. Hood Trail Mix (also known as Aunt Patty’s Banana Split Trail Mix)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -- February 26, 2009 -- GloryBee Foods, Inc. of Eugene, Oregon is EXPANDING their recall on bulk peanut products, bulk and retail Aunt Patty's Made with Organic Cascade Trail Mixes, and bulk Aunt Patty's Mt. Hood Trail Mixes (also known as Aunt Patty's Banana Split Trail Mix) because they have the potential of being contaminated with Salmonella. The peanuts and trail mixes were manufactured using lot specific peanuts recalled by Peanut Corporation of America's Plainview, Texas facility because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. Salmonella is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.
The recalled peanuts and trail mixes were distributed Nationwide through retail stores, mail order, and direct delivery.
Descriptions of the Peanut Corporation of America items being recalled are as follows
(GloryBee Item Number -- Description):
- 50-08021 -- Honey Roasted Peanut Splits
- 50-08056 -- Whole Raw Blanched Peanuts
- 50-07999 -- Organic Dry Roasted (no salt) Peanut Splits
- 50-08000 -- Dry Roasted (no salt) Peanut Splits
- 50-08003 -- Dry Roasted Medium Granulated Peanuts
- 50-08022 -- Whole Honey Peanuts
- 50-08045 -- Raw Redskin Peanuts
Note for all Peanut Corporation of America items being recalled:
- All lots beginning in T
- Lot can be found on the white box label above PCA item number.
- No UPC Code
- All Net Wt. 30 lb box
Descriptions of the GloryBee Foods Aunt Patty's Brand items being recalled are as follows:
- Item number for Aunt Patty's Made with Organic Cascade Trail Mix
GloryBee Item Number Pack Size -- UPC Code
- 82-05250 10 lb. box (UPC Code #0 30042 85025 7)
- All lots distributed up to and including December 31, 2008 except lot GBF-CTM-102708, which is not being recalled as it was manufactured with peanuts that did not come from Peanut Corporation of America.
- Lot code can be found on the white Aunt Patty's label, in the middle section, close to the bottom of the label under ingredient statement.
For the following items all lots distributed up to and including February 13, 2009 are affected by this recall
(GloryBee Item Number Pack Size -- UPC Code)
- 82-05252 8 oz (UPC Code # 0 30042 85065 3)
- 82-05252C 12/8 oz (UPC Code # 0 30042 85066 0)
- Item numbers for Aunt Patty's Mt. Hood Trail Mix (formerly known as Aunt Patty's Banana Split Trail Mix). For the following items all lots distributed up to and including February 13, 2009 are affected by this recall.
GloryBee Item Number
|82-05190||10 lb. box||(UPC Code #0 30042 85000 4)|
|82-05192||8 oz||(UPC Code # 0 30042 85040 0)|
|82-05192C||12/8 oz||(UPC Code # 0 30042 85041 7)|
No known illnesses have been reported to date in connection with these products distributed by GloryBee Foods. The recall was initiated after it was determined that the peanut product received was manufactured by Peanut Corporation of America may pose a health risk. GloryBee Foods, Inc. has informed FDA of its actions and is fully cooperating with the Agency.
Consumers who have purchased Aunt Patty's Made with Organic Cascade Trail Mix, Mt. Hood Trail Mix, and/or the peanuts as mentioned with pertaining T lot numbers are urged to return any remaining product to GloryBee Foods for a full refund. In addition, consumers who may have purchased the peanut products or trail mix in bulk bins are urged to call the store of purchase to determine if your product is affected. Consumers with questions on this recall may contact Greg Wilson of GloryBee Foods at 1-800-456-7923. Hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm PST.