Recall -- Firm Press Release
FDA posts press releases and other notices of recalls and market withdrawals from the firms involved as a service to consumers, the media, and other interested parties. FDA does not endorse either the product or the company.
Dutch Valley Food Development, Inc. Announces a Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Peanut Products made with Recalled Peanuts
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -- Myerstown, Pa – February 3, 2009 – As a result of the recall of peanuts processed at Peanut Corporation of America in the Blakely, Georgia facility since January 1, 2007 due to the possibility of contamination with Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e. infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.
Dutch Valley Food Development, Inc. has issued a voluntary recall for the following products:
- 16 ounce packages of Boston Baked Beans - item number 050711
- 12 ounce packages of French Burnt Peanuts - item number 050710
- 12 ounce packages of Banana Split Delight Snack Mix - item number 050506
- 12 ounce packages of Double Dip Milk Chocolate Peanuts - item number 050613
- 15 ounce packages of Dark Chocolate Peanuts - item number 050603
- 14 ounce packages of Sugar Free Milk Chocolate Peanuts - item number 050040
- 14 ounce packages of Yogurt Coated Peanuts - item number 050623
All items packaged and sold within the last 24 months are subject to this recall, including items sold on our website, www.dutchvalleyfoods.com. The items were distributed nationwide. Retailers are advised to remove all these products from store shelves, regardless of code date or Best Before dates. Consumers who have purchased these products are asked to destroy them. Consumers with questions regarding the products listed may call Dutch Valley Foods at 1-800-733-4191 and speak with customer service.
For more information on FDA’s ongoing investigation, visit the FDA’s website at www.fda.gov.