Recall -- State Press Release
Consumer Alert: Undeclared Milk in Certain Healthy Corner Foods Salads and Sandwiches
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -- March 29, 2007 -- New York State Agriculture Commissioner Patrick Hooker alerted consumers today that Healthy Corner Foods Inc, d/b/a Healthy Corner Foods, 6005 16th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11204 is recalling certain Chicken and Turkey Salads; and Turkey, Turkey Salad and Chicken Salad Sandwiches due to undeclared milk ingredients. People who have allergies to milk may run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reactions if they consume this product.
The recalled Corner Foods Salads and Sandwiches were sold in New York City and New Jersey. The following varieties of sandwiches are included in the recall:
- Vegetarian Turkey Sandwich – 6oz., Plastic film wrapped – All codes
- Vegetarian Turkey Salad Sandwich – 6oz., Plastic film wrapped – All codes
- Vegetarian Chicken Salad Sandwich – 7oz., Plastic film wrapped – All codes
- Vegetarian Chicken Salad Sandwich on Whole Wheat Pita – 6oz., Plastic film wrapped – All codes
- Vegetarian Turkey Salad – 6.5oz., Plastic container – All codes
- Vegetarian Chicken Salad – 6.5oz., Plastic container – All codes
The problem was discovered during a routine food safety inspection by New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets Food Inspectors which revealed the presence of a milk ingredient in product packages which did not declare a milk ingredient on the label.
No illnesses have been reported to date to this Department in connection with the problem. Consumers who have purchased the affected Healthy Corner Foods Salads and/or Sandwiches should return them to the place of purchase.