Resources for You
Surmontil (Trimipramine Maleate) Capsules
Detailed View: Safety Labeling Changes Approved By FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER)- December 2012
Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs)
- The use of MAOIs intended to treat psychiatric disorders….
Hypersensitivity to Tricyclic Antidepressants
- Cross-sensitivity between Surmontil and other dibenzazepines is a possibility.
- If concomitant use of Surmontil with other serotonergic drugs, including Triptans, Tricyclic antidepressants, Fentanyl, Lithium, Tramadol, Buspirone, Tryptophan, and St. John’s Wort is clinically warranted, patients should be made aware of a potential increased risk for serotonin syndrome, particularly during treatment initiation and dose increased.
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs) (See CONTRAINDICATIONS, WARNINGS, and DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION.)
- Serotonergic Drugs (See CONTRAINDICATIONS, WARNINGS, and DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION.)