Resources for You
Rescriptor (Delavirdine Mesylate) Oral Tablets
Detailed View: Safety Labeling Changes Approved By FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) – August 2012
Immune Reconstitution Syndrome
- Immune reconstitution syndrome has been reported in patients treated with combination antiretroviral therapy, including Rescriptor…
Information for Patients
- Patients should be informed that RESCRIPTOR is not a cure for HIV-1 infection and patients may continue to experience illnesses associated with HIV-1 infection, including opportunistic infections…
- Patients should be advised to avoid doing things that can spread HIV-1 infection to others…
- Table 7 Established and Other Potentially Significant Drug Interactions: Alteration in Dose or Regimen May Be Recommended Based on Drug Interaction Studies or Predicted Interaction (revised)…
- The interaction between Rescriptor and the drug was evaluated in a clinical study. All other drug interactions shown are predicted
General Information about Rescriptor
- Rescriptor does not cure HIV-1 or AIDS and you may continue to experience illnesses associated with HIV-1 infection, including opportunistic infections. You should remain under the care of a doctor when using Rescriptor…
Who Should not take Rescriptor?
- We do not know if RESCRIPTOR can be passed to your baby in your breast milk and whether it could harm your baby. Also, mothers with HIV-1 should not breastfeed because HIV-1 can be passed to the baby in the breast milk. Talk with your doctor healthcare provider about the best way to feed your baby.