Resources for You
Viracept (nelfinavir mesylate) Tablets, Oral Powder
Detailed View: Safety Labeling Changes Approved By FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) – April 2012
- Plasma concentrations of nelfinavir can be reduced by concomitant use of rifampin. This may lead to loss of therapeutic effect and possible development of resistance to Viracept or other coadministered antiretroviral agents.
- Potential for serious and/or life threatening reactions such as ergot toxicity characterized by peripheral vasospasm and ischemia of the extremities and other tissues.
- Potential for serious and/or life threatening reactions such as cardiac arrhythmias
- Potential for serious and/or life threatening reactions such as prolonged or increased sedation or respiratory depression.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- See Table 3 for listing of drugs that are contraindicated for use with Viracept due to potentially life-threatening adverse events or potential loss of therapeutic effects…
- Immune reconstitution syndrome has been reported in patients treated with combination antiretroviral therapy, including Viracept…
Who should not take Viracept?
- Do not take VIRACEPT if you take any of the following medicines…..