Resources for You
Fazaclo (clozapine) orally disintegrating tablet
Detailed View: Safety Labeling Changes Approved By FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) –
QT Interval Prolongation
- QT prolongation is associated with an increased risk for life-threatening ventricular arrhythmias including Torsades de Pointes. Treatment with FazaClo (clozapine, USP) has been associated with QT prolongation as well as ventricular arrthymia, Torsades de Pointes, cardiac arrest, and sudden death. Caution should be exercised when .....
Drug Interactions and Pharmacodynamic-Related Interactions:
- Treatment with FazaClo® (clozapine, USP) , has been associated with QT interval prolongation and fatal arrhythmia......
- Use caution when prescribing FazaClo......
Postmarketing Clinical Experience:
- Ventricular tachycardia, cardiac arrest, QT prolongation, and Torsades de Pointes.
Cerebrovascular adverse events
- An increased risk of cerebrovascular adverse events has been seen in the dementia population with some atypical antipsychotics. The mechanism for this increased risk is not known. An increased risk cannot be excluded for other antipsychotics or other patient populations. Clozaril should be used with caution in patients with risk factors for stroke.
Postmarketing Clinical Experience
- Central Nervous System: obsessive compulsive symptoms
- Metabolic and Nutritional Disorders: new onset diabetes
- Respiratory System: pneumonia and lower respiratory tract infection which may be fatal