Resources for You
Sporanox (itraconazole) oral solution and capsules
Detailed View: Safety Labeling Changes Approved By FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER)
- Coadministration of ... oral midazolam, nisoldipine, felodipine, triazolam, lovastatin, simvastatin, ergot alkaloids such as dihydroergotamine, ergometrine (ergonovine), ergotamine and methylergometrine (methylergonovine) or methadone with Sporanox (itraconazole) Capsules or Oral Solution is contraindicated.
- ..., felodipine, methadone and ….are contraindicated with Sporanox.
- Life-threatening cardiac dysrhythmias and/or sudden death have occurred in patients using methadone…..
- Calcium Channel Blockers: ...A clinical study showed that felodipine exposure was increased by coadministration of itraconazole, resulting in approximately a 6-fold increase in the AUC and an 8-fold increase in the Cmax. The concomitant use of sporanox and felodipine is contraindicated.
- dyspnea and acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis (AGEP)
- Gastrointestinal disorders: Pancreatitis
PATIENT PACKAGE INSERT
WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS OF SPORANOX
- Call your doctor right away..fever, inflammation of the pancreas