Fosamax Plus D (alendronate sodium/cholecalciferol) tablets
Detailed View: Safety Labeling Changes Approved By FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) – March 2010
Osteonecrosis of the Jaw
- Revision of Section
Upper Gastrointestinal Adverse Reactions
- Minor revision of subsection
- Localized osteonecrosis of the jaw, generally associated with tooth extraction and/or local infection with delayed healing, has been reported rarely
- Musculoskeletal: low-energy femoral shaft and subtrochanteric fractures
What should I tell my doctor before using Fosamax Plus D?
- include dental conditions
What are the possible side effects of Fosamax Plus D?
- Some patients have experienced fracture in a specific part of the thigh bone. Call your doctor if you develop new or unusual pain in the hip or thigh.