Resources for You
Amoxil (amoxicillin capsules, tablets, chewable tablets, and powder for oral suspension) June 2008
Detailed View: Safety Labeling Changes Approved By FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) -- June 2008
|The detailed view includes drug products with safety labeling changes to the BOXED WARNING, CONTRAINDICATIONS, WARNINGS, PRECAUTIONS, ADVERSE REACTIONS, or PATIENT PACKAGE INSERT/MEDICATION GUIDE sections. Deletions or editorial revisions made to these sections are not included in this summary.|
- A high percentage of patients with mononucleosis who receive ampicillin develop an erythematous skin rash. Thus, ampicillin-class antibiotics should not be administered to patients with mononucleosis.
- Drug Interactions
- ...reduced efficacy of combined oral estrogen/progesterone contraceptives.
- Infections and Infestations
- Mucocutaneous Candidiasis
- Black Hairy Tongue
- Hypersensitivity Reactions
- Anaphylaxis (See WARNINGS)