The following are selected references that may help you learn more about UV and sun safety topics.
Note: Links to any non-Federal organizations are provided solely as a service to our users. These links do not constitute an endorsement of these organizations or their programs by the FDA or the Federal Government, and none should be inferred. Any reference to a commercial product, process, service, or company is not an endorsement or recommendation by the U.S. government, the Department of Health and Human Services, FDA or any of its components. The FDA is not responsible for the content of the individual organization Web pages found at these links.
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Cancer Society’s Sun-Safety IQ Test
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Choose Your Cover Skin Cancer Prevention Campaign
- Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) RadTown USA
- EPA’s SunWise Program
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) reaches a settlement with the Indoor Tanning Association over false health and safety claims
- Health Protection Agency’s UV Radiation Page (UK Government)
- SunSense Interactive Module (Requires Flash Plug-in)
- SunSmart Program (Australia’s Cancer Council Victoria)
- World Health Organization’s (WHO) Intersun Programme