• Decrease font size
  • Return font size to normal
  • Increase font size
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services

Radiation-Emitting Products

  • Print
  • Share
  • E-mail

For physicians, there is Category I and II continuing medical education (CME). For technologists, there are Category A and B continuing education units (CEU). Under the final regulations, physicians can only count Category I CME to meet their requirements. Will technologists be similarly restricted to counting only Category A CEU?

Policy Guidance Help System logo

No. There is no distinction in the regulations between Category A and B CEU for technologists. Either is acceptable under the final regulations, but must be appropriately documented.

Back to Radiologic Technologist Continuing Education