• Decrease font size
  • Return font size to normal
  • Increase font size
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services

Radiation-Emitting Products

  • Print
  • Share
  • E-mail

How does the facility establish the developing equivalency specified for different processing chemicals?

Policy Guidance Help System logo

A facility must either have documentation from the chemical manufacturer/supplier or the film manufacturer showing that the processing chemicals being used provide results consistent with the film manufacturer’s processing specifications, or the facility must establish that the film performance is sensitometrically equivalent to films developed according to the film manufacturer’s specific recommendations. Facility personnel should contact their medical physicist for additional advice and assistance.

Back to Film Processing Solutions