Acceptable Documents for Radiologic Technologists
The table below summarizes the types of documentation that radiologic technologists may use to document their initial qualifications, as well as their continuing requirements and requalification requirements, prior to MQSA and under the interim and final regulations.
|Requirement||Obtained Prior to 10/1/94||Obtained 10/1/94-4/28/99||Obtained after 4/28/99|
(ARRT or ARCRT)
(~40 hours-interim regs)
(40 hours-25 supervised exams-final regs)
|Initial Mammography Modality Specific training-8 hours-final regs|
(200/24 months-final regs)
|Continuing Education (15 CME/36 months)|
|Continuing Mammographic Modality Specific Education-final regs|
|Requalification-Experience–final regs–done under direct supervision|
Approved courses satisfying the initial Radiologic Technologist training requirement if obtained between 10/1/94 and 4/28/99
- Successful completion of “A Three Day Mammography Course for Technologists” provided by Medical Technology Management Institute of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Denise Sedmak, 1-800-765-6864.
- Successful completion of “Initial Training in Mammography” provided by Mammography Imaging Specialists of Portland, Oregon. Joanie Wilmot, 503-659-5022, or Kathleen Durrell, 503-579-4662.
- Successful completion of “Mammography Instruction for Radiologic Technologists” provided by Oakland Community College of Southfield, Michigan. Carolyn Nacy, 810-552-2610.
- Successful completion of “Three Day Mammography Workshop” provided by the Mammographers Radiological Society of Miramar, Florida. Judy Sorge, 954-981-7120.
- Successful completion of “Mammography - Quality Performance Assurance,” provided by Rad Tech Resources, Inc. of Indianapolis, Indiana. Terri Von Tobel, 317-780-5840.
- Successful completion of “Achieving Quality Images 3-Day Mammography Seminar” provided by Achieving Quality Images of East Grand Rapids, Michigan at 1-800-522-3439.
- Successful completion of "Mammography" provided by Rose State College of Midwest City, Oklahoma. Jo Bishop at 405-733-7569.
- Successful completion of “Initial Mammography Training” provided by Mammography Accreditation Consultants of Rock Hall, Maryland. Judith Hagerty and Jerry Lockwood at 1-800-570-2511.
- Successful completion of “Initial Training in Mammography “ provided by Mid South X-Ray Company of Jackson, Mississippi. Becky Hollis at 601-825-9998.
Radiologic Technologist Continuing Education Radiologic Technologist Continuing Experience Radiologic Technologist License or Certification Radiologic Technologist Mammography Specific Training Radiologic Technologist New Mammographic Modality Training Reestablishing the Radiologic Technologist Continuing Education Requirement Reestablishing the Radiologic Technologist Continuing Experience Requirement