900.2(z) Mammographic Modality means a technology, within the scope of 42 U.S.C. 263b [MQSA], for radiography of the breast. Examples are screen-film mammography and xeromammography.
- Are spot compression, magnification, and implant imaging considered mammographic modalities?
- Are stereotactic biopsy, needle localization, and ductography considered mammographic modalities?
- Are ultrasound, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and nuclear medicine studies of the breast considered mammographic modalities?
- Is Full Field Digital Mammography (FFDM) considered a mammographic modality?
- What is Small Field Digital Mammography (SFDM) and is it a mammographic modality?
- Which MQSA requirements must SFDM meet in order to use it clinically?