FDA Safety Notification: Mammography Problems at Med Pro Imaging in Plantation, Florida
- Patients who had a mammogram at Med Pro Imaging facility in Plantation, Florida between May 21, 2008 and Sept. 30, 2009.
- Health care providers who have referred patients to Med Pro Imaging facility for a mammogram performed between May 21, 2008 and Sept. 30, 2009.
- If you have had a mammogram at another facility since then, you should follow the recommendations from the latest mammogram.
- If you have not had a mammogram at another facility since then follow these guidelines:
- Talk with your current health care provider as soon as possible about a medical follow-up.
- To request a copy of your mammogram performed by Med Pro Imaging, call or e-mail Rivero Diagnostic Center at (954) 791-9729 or MyExam@rdcimaging.com. You can also complete a record request form online at http://www.rdcimaging.com/index.php?p=1_19 or fax the form to (954) 791-9724.
- If Rivero Diagnostic Center cannot provide you with a copy of your mammogram performed by Med Pro Imaging, you can request your patient records by contacting Iron Mountain located in Sunrise, Florida at 1-800-899-4766 or online at http://www.ironmountain.com/services/request-medical-records.html.
- If your health care provider wants you to have another mammogram, it should be done at a MQSA-certified facility to ensure quality and accuracy. A list of MQSA-certified facilities is available online at http://www.fda.gov/CDRH/MAMMOGRAPHY/certified.html.
- If your health insurance will not pay for a repeat mammogram, you can call the National Cancer Institute’s (NCI) information number at 1-800-422-6237 for a listing of facilities near you that will provide free or low- cost mammograms.