Name Change - DSMICA to DICE
On April 1, 2014, CDRH's Office of Communication and Education officially reorganized, which included the reorganization and renaming of the Division of Small Manufacturers, International, and Consumer Assistance (DSMICA). DSMICA's new name is the Division of Industry and Consumer Education (D.I.C.E).
Why did the Division Reorganize and Change the Name?
- The new name better reflects the Division's mission to educate all CDRH stakeholders by providing understandable, accessible, science-based regulatory information about medical devices and radiation-emitting electronic products.
- CDRH's International responsibilities are now managed by the Office of the Center Director.
What has Changed?
- A new email address - DICE@fda.hhs.gov
- Increased focus on developing educational resources to explain new regulations and policies
- Two new branches: Premarket Programs Branch:; Postmarket and Consumer Branch
What has not Changed?
- The phone number: 1 (800) 638-2041 or (301) 796-7100
- You press 1 for the consumer education line
- You press 2 for the industry education line
- Phone hours of operation are 9:00a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST
- The process for answering emails remains to respond with 48 business hours.
- We answer questions from all CDRH stakeholders.
- Device Advice and CDRH Learn are two valuable educational resources.
Division of Industry and Consumer Education (DICE)
Office of Communication and Education
Center for Devices and Radiological Health
U.S. Food and Drug Administration