- Breast Implant Resource Groups
- Manufacturers of Approved U.S. Breast Implants
- Additional Resources for Breast Implants and Related Topics
- FDA Consumer Affairs Staff
- FDA Breast Implants Panel Information
This page suggests other resources for more information on breast implant issues. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of breast implant resource groups.
This information is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute an endorsement by the FDA of the information or recommendation that a group provides. The FDA is not responsible for the content of individual group webpages found at any of the links below.
|Company Name||Contact Information|
|Allergan, Inc. (formerly Inamed)
P.O. Box 19534
Irvine, CA 92623
|Phone: 714-246-4500; 800-433-8871
Website: http://www.allergan.com/treatments/ medical_aesthetics/breast_aesthetics.htm
|Mentor World Wide LLC
201 Mentor Drive
Santa Barbara, CA 93111
|Phone: 805-827-6000; 800-525-0245
P.O. Box 1490
Santa Barbara, CA 93116-1490
|Organization Name||Contact Information|
|Institute of Medicine||Phone: 202-334-2000
|National Cancer Institute||Phone: 800-4-CANCER (422-7237)
|National Women’s Health Information Center||Phone: 800-944-9662
|Office of Research on Women’s
Health at the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
|American Cancer Society||Phone: 800-227-2345
|American Society for Aesthetic Plastic
|American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)||Website: http://www.plasticsurgery.org|
|National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc.||Website: http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org|
|National Research Center for Women and
|National Organization for Women||Phone: 202-628-8669
|Susan G. Komen for the Cure||Phone: 1-877-465-6636
|Society for Women’s Health Research||Phone: 202-223-8224
The Consumer Affairs Staff at FDA’s Office of Communication, Education, and Radiation Programs (OCER) answers consumer questions on breast implants and other medical device issues.
The Consumer Affairs Staff at OCER is available Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (ET).
To contact the Consumer Affairs staff, use one of the following options:
Phone: 301-796-7100 or 1-800-638-2041
- To speak to a Consumer Affairs Specialist during business hours, press 1.
- To request information outside of business hours, please leave a message at the prompt.
- March 2000 Panel for Saline Breast Implants
- July 2002 Panel for Saline Breast Implants (Postapproval Update)
- October 2003 Panel for Silicone Gel Breast Implants
- April 2005 Panel for Silicone Gel Breast Implants
- August 2011 Advisory Panel for Silicone Gel Breast Implants