Logistics for MD-TIP Workshop October 26, 2010
FDA - White Oak Campus (Building 31)
10903 New Hampshire Avenue; Silver Spring, MD 20993
Directions / Transportation / Parking / Hotels/ Restaurants for the FDA White Oak Campus
*Carpooling or use of public transportation is strongly suggested.
Address: 10903 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20993
Baltimore-Washington International Airport:
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport:
Washington Dulles International Airport:
- Montgomery Airport Shuttle: 301-881-8800
- Yellow Airport Shuttle, Inc.: 301-208-6900
- Action Airport Shuttle: 301-240-1111
- Airport Taxi: 301-926-2900
- Montgomery Taxi: 301-926-9300
- Airport Shuttle Express: 301-924-3300
- Regency Cab Co: 301-990-9000
- Strings Tour: 240-472-9845
Metro Rail Directions
Travelers from Reagan National Airport have the option of using the of DC area’s Metro Rail System (see the Metro System Map). Please refer to the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority's Web site for public transportation information: www.wmata.com. The closest Metro Rail station is Silver Spring (http://www.wmata.com/metrorail/Stations/station.cfm?station=31) which is on the Red Line. The Silver Spring Metro station is approximately 8 miles from White Oak Campus. From National Airport, riders may take the Blue Line to the Red Line (transfer at Metro Center) or the Yellow Line to the Red Line (transfer at Gallery Place). From the Silver Spring Station, take taxi to the building or see information below for “Ride-On Bus” (operated by Montgomery County) and FDA Shuttle.
Ride-On Bus and FDA Shuttle
Ride-On bus route 22 operates between the Silver Spring Metro Station and White Oak Campus: http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/tsvtmpl.asp?url=/content/dot/transit/routesandschedules/allroutes/route022.asp
Times listed in WHITE are RIDE On 22 times. Times listed in italic are White Oak Shuttle Times
|Depart Silver Spring Metro||Arrive FDA|
|Depart FDA||Arrive Silver Spring Metro|
Directions from Fishers Lane, Rockville, to White Oak Campus
- Twinbrook Parkway to Veirs Mill Road.
- Turn right onto Veirs Mill Road.
- Turn left onto Randolph Road.
- Turn Right onto New Hampshire Avenue and proceed straight.
- The White Oak site will be on your left -- just past the Shell Station, McDonalds and Mid-Atlantic Federal Credit Union that you will see on your right.
- Turn left at the second entrance to the site at the Mahan Road/Schindler Drive intersection - there is a signal at this intersection
Directions from the Capital Beltway (I-495) to White Oak Campus
- Take the Capital Beltway in Maryland and exit at the following interchange.
- Exit 28A, New Hampshire Avenue, MD 650, North, White Oak.
- Travel approximately 2 miles on New Hampshire Avenue, MD 650.
- The White Oak site is on the right.
- Turn right into the first entrance to the site at the Mahan Road/Schindler Drive intersection - there is a signal at this intersection.
All visitors should park in the SE Quadrant Surface Lot.
Proceed to the first stop sign and turn right on Southwest Loop Road. Follow Southwest Loop Road all the way around, passing the SW Garage on your left. Continue driving and veer left to enter the SE Quadrant Surface Lot. Once parked, walk or take the Campus Circulator Shuttle to Building 1. The Campus Circulator Shuttle will service the SE Quadrant Surface Lot. See attached map for further information.
***Visitors who have a mobility related disability should proceed to parking in the SE Quadrant Surface Lot. The shuttle which services this lot is handicap accessible.
All participants MUST enter though Building 1 where they will go through the routine security check procedures for building entry. Visitors will require a visitor badge and escort to the meeting. A government issued photo ID is required for the security procedures and receipt of a visitor badge.
Only pre-registered workshop participants (non-FDA employees) will be provided with visitor badges.
Escort Process to the Workshop Registration Location: WO 31 Great Room (1503)
Note: Only pre-registered workshop participants (non-FDA employees) will be provided with visitor badges. All visitors will be directed and escorted to Building 31 after receipt of their visitor badge in Building 1. Visitors will not be allowed to leave the Building 1 security area without a visitor badge and FDA escort. Registration packages will be provided in the lobby of Building 31, located right outside of The Great Room (1503).
Refreshments will be available in the lobby.
The morning sessions will begin promptly at 8:30am in the Great Room (1503).
Hilton Washington DC/ Silver Spring
8727 Colesville Road
Silver Spring , MD 20910
Phone: 301 589 5200
Silver Spring Courtyard North (Marriott)
12521 Prosperity Drive
Silver Spring, MD 20904
Phone: 301 680 8500
Silver Spring Residence Inn (Marriott)
12000 Plum Orchard Drive
Silver Spring, MD 20904
Phone: 301 572 2322
Crowne Plaza Hotel
8777 Georgia Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20910
White Oak Shopping Center
11200 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20904
- Chef Theo's (Greek/American)
- Hunan Manor (Chinese)
- Bombay Café (Indian)
- PhoAN (Vietnamese)
- Castle Pizza-
- Tastee Tropics (Caribbean)
- Boston Market
- Subway Sandwich shop
Shoppes of Burnt Mills
10740 Colesville Road Silver Spring, MD 20901
- Trader Joe's
- California Tortilla
West Tech Village Corner
12281 Tech Road, Silver Spring, MD 20904
- TGI Fridays
- I HOP
- Five Guys Burgers and Fries
- Jerry Sub & Pizza
- Moe’s Southwest Grill
- Panera Bread
West Tech Business Park
12048 Cherry Hill Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20904
- Super Fresh Grocery Store