FDA’s Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and Overview of FDA’s Import Process for Foods
On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm IST, the United States Food and Drug Administration’s India Office will be conducting a webinar for the Indian foods industry and host government regulators. The webinar will provide an overview of FDA’s Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and also an overview of FDA’s import process for foods.
The speakers for the webinar will be:
- Mr. Jeffrey Read – Policy Analyst, FDA Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
- Mr. Dean Rugnetta – International Policy and Program Analyst, FDA India Office
There will be a presentation on each topic, followed by a short question and answer session. During the webinar, two FDA Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) will also be available online to answer questions through instant messaging.
Introductory remarks will be made by Mr. Peter Haas (US Consul General, Mumbai), Dr. Altaf A. Lal (Country Director, US FDA India Office), and Dr. Anand S. Upadhyay (Joint Director, Export Inspection Agency, Mumbai).
Registration for the webinar is required, by sending an email to FDA-India@fda.hhs.gov with the following information:
- Name of Registrant
- Name of Firm/Organization
- Complete Contact Information (address, phone number(s), email address)
- If a FDA registered firm, please provide FDA registration number (also known as FEI number)
- If a FDA registered firm, please provide information on products manufactured and/or shipped to the US
The deadline for registering is Friday, January 31, 2014 through the email address mentioned above (FDA-India@fda.hhs.gov). Please be sure to include the requested information.
A link to the webinar will be sent to those who successfully register by the deadline.