Inspections, Compliance, Enforcement, and Criminal Investigations
New Wave Seafood Response Letter
New Wave Seafood
81 Camp Ave.
Stamford, CT 06907
December 2, 2002
Dept. Of Health & Human Services
Food and Drug Administration
One Montvale Ave.
Stoneham, MA 02180
Re: Warning Letter NEW-02-03W
Dear Ms. Archdeacon:
The following procedures have been written into our HAACP plan and actions implemented in order to achieve compliance regarding scromboid species of fish:
1. The critical control point for receiving is now 40 degrees F or less.
2. Receiving records are monitored separately for scromboid species; sensory observations, ice coverage and core temperature.
3. The critical control point for storage is now 40 degrees F.
4. Ice coverage will be monitored twice daily and recorded.
5. Storage temperature is recorded on a graph 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Please review enclosed copies of New Wave Seafood HACCP plan for scromboid species and the monitoring records that verify compliance. If you have any questions, please feel free to call me.