Chapter 4 of the Regulatory Procedures Manual (RPM) was revised, as detailed below.
Chapter 4 - Advisory Actions
- 1-10 - Warning Letter Format, Item 13, is being revised to reflect the heightened interest in drug shortages and the October 31, 2011 Executive Order from President Obama. Adding a reminder of the availability of FDA resources to prevent or reduce the impact of shortages explicitly in WLs would directly support the early notification step in the Executive Order.
Chapters 3, 7, 10, and Appendix A of the Regulatory Procedures Manual (RPM) were revised, as detailed below.
Chapter 3 - Commissioning and Work Sharing
- 3-3 - Background Investigation, 3-6 - Contacting the Candidate, Item f., and Exhibit 3-8 - Form - Basic Information from Candidate - are being revised to include United States nationals. The scope of commissioning is being broadened to include United States nationals. This revision is consistent with the provisions of the FD&C Act.
- 5-2 - Conflict of Interest Considerations before Commissioning - the last paragraph was inadvertently missing from the previous Internet version of the RPM.
- Exhibit 3-6 - Model Letter Offering a Commission to an Agency Head -added the word "territory."
Chapter 7 - Recall Procedures
- 8-2 - Managing FDA's Audit Program - revised to incorporate GAO recommendations regarding recalls affecting the school lunch program.
Chapter 10 - Other ProceduresUpdated the following sections with current address, phone or fax information:
Appendix A - RPM Change Request Form -updated OE/DCP phone number.
- 1-3 - Debarment - Notification Responsibilities of FDA employees - Item 2.b.ii.
- 10-6 - Obtaining and Paying for Expert Support - Item 2.c.ii.
- 11-1 - Requests for Testimony- Item 1.a.
- 11-6 - Congressional Requests - Instructions for ORA Staff
- Deleted mail codes on pages 10-15 and 10-23.
Chapter 6 of the Regulatory Procedures Manual (RPM) was revised, as detailed below.
Chapter 6 - Judicial Actions, Section 5 - Prosecution
- 6-5-3 Special Procedures and Considerations for Park Doctrine Prosecutions - this new section added.
- 6-5-4 Communication Between OCI and Other FDA Components - this new section added.
- 6-5-2 Office of Criminal Investigations (now titled Referral of Criminal Matters to the Office of Criminal Investigation) - updated to include instructions regarding communications between OCI and other FDA components.
- 6-5-8 Contempt of Court; Violation of Probation (previously 6-5-6) - CMS instructions added.
- Editorial changes made to the following sections:
- 6-5-5 Processing a Summary and Recommendation (previously 6-5-3);
- 6-5-10 Referrals for Criminal Investigation (previously 6-5-8);
- 6-5-12 Grand Jury Investigations and Secrecy (previously 6-5-10); and
- 6-5-13 Preparation of Summary & Recommendation (previously 6-5-12) paragraph 6. Prior Notice.
- Moved information from previous 6-5-11 Format for Summary & Recommendation to 6-5-13.