CPG Sec. 555.500 All Food Sanitation (Including Bacteriological) Inspections - Classification of Establishment
Firm must have finished product or raw material in IS status.
REGULATORY ACTION GUIDANCE:
The following represents the criteria for the classification of an establishment as OAI.
- If specific guides (i.e., smoked fish) exist in the foods sanitation area, call actionable if guide criteria met. Otherwise not actionable unless findings meet one or more criteria below.
- Use of raw materials that are actionable as received under existing guide if EIR shows raw materials not cleaned or sorted before use to bring raw materials below guide figures.
- Finished product examinations show it to be actionable under existing guides.
- Live insects in establishment in such locations as to be a good possibility that raw materials, in process material, finished product, or stored food may have become contaminated by insects. (Probable avenues of contamination must be shown).
- Fresh rodent or bird evidence in establishment in such locations as to be a good possibility that raw materials, in process materials, finished product or stored food may have become contaminated by rodent or birds. (Probable avenues of contamination must be shown).
- EIR shows that food contact surfaces in use on day (or days) of inspection were not adequately cleaned before (or after) days operations and visible residues remain on such surfaces.
- Glass breakage resulting in likely product contamination unless plant procedures are sufficient to insure removal of glass from food.
- This guide obviously does not cover all actionable situations and if other situations occur that appear actionable the EIR should be forwarded to Chief of Compliance Branch with a specific recommendation for action.