CSO Standard Specialist
Office of Partnerships (OP), Standards Implementation Staff (SIS), Roles & Responsibilities:
Assigned States: Alaska, Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Utah
MFRPS SME for Standards 3 & 8
National Standards Task Group
Emergency Response Work Group
FSPCA Work Group
- Joined FDA Office of Partnerships – December 2012
- Consumer Safety Officer – Title: Manufactured Food Regulatory Program Specialist, Standards Implementation Staff, Office of Partnerships
- Provides food regulatory program leadership support to state programs and federal partners and enhances federal-state communication and collaboration to facilitate state conformance with food regulatory standards towards a fully integrated food safety system.
- Working in OP to further develop the Manufactured Food Regulatory Program Standards and outreach program as part of FDA’s on-going initiative towards federal-state integration.
- Training Officer/Consumer Safety Officer, Division of Human Resources and Development. Worked as an Instructor, Training Officer, and Course Advisor for the following courses: FD180:Food Good Manufacturing Practice, Application and Evidence Development, FD249: Conducting Seafood Inspections, FD219: Juice HACCP, FD202: Conducting Acidified Food Inspections, FD107: Egg Safety Inspections, and FD152: Food Processing and Technology.
- Consumer Safety Officer/Investigator, Office of Operations. Worked as a Consumer Safety Officer on the Dedicated Food Foreign Cadre. Completed Inspections in South America, Central America, and South Asia. Operated as a Level II Seafood HACCP Investigator.
- Consumer Safety Officer/Investigator, Seattle District Office. Worked conducting food inspection (GMP, LACF, Acidified, Seafood HACCP, and Juice HACCP) for domestic and foreign facilities. Train new FDA employees. AFDO Certified Seafood HACCP trainer. Presenter for FDA Seafood Inspection Course. Level II Seafood HACCP Certified.
Prior to FDA:
- Quality Control Manager, S&S Seafood
- Consumer Safety Officer, National Marine Fishery Service.
- Food Inspector, Veterinary Services, USARMY.
- Oregon State University (General Science)
- FDA Level II Certification in Seafood HACCP