For Federal, State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial Officials
Guy Delius, Standards Implementation Staff Bio
Guy F. Delius, R.S.
CSO Standard Specialist
OP, Standards Implementation Staff Roles & Responsibilities:
Assigned States: Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia
SME for MFRPS Standards 1 & 10
- Joined FDA Office of Partnerships in December 2010
- Consumer Safety Officer: Manufactured Foods Regulatory Program Standards (MFRPS) Specialist-Standards Implementation Staff.
- Office: Louisville, Kentucky. FDA Louisville Resident Post within the Cincinnati District.
- Provides regulatory program leadership support to state programs, federal partners and other stakeholders. Enhance federal-state communications and collaborations by facilitating state participation and conformance with the food regulatory standards. Encourages a fully integrated food safety system.
- Working in OP to further develop the MFRPS and outreach programs as part of FDA’s mission and ongoing initiatives regarding federal-state integration.
Prior to FDA:
Retired in December 2010 from the Kentucky Department for Public Health with experiences as county retail food inspector, state food inspector, state food inspector supervisor, state food program administrator, state food program manager, assistant public health division director and director of the Division of Public Health Protection and Safety. The Division Director position included statewide program oversight of Food Safety, Milk Safety, Radiation Health, Environmental Management, Public Health and Safety branch programs and managing a direct staff of 78 professionals. Oversight also included the local health agency programs for retail food and environmental health programs encompassing 120 counties, 56 health jurisdictions and some 250 registered sanitarians-county retail food inspectors.
- Many on the job experiences including assembling and leading an EMAC team of 17 environmental strike team members to assist the state of Mississippi after hurricane Katrina.
- Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO) Executive Board of Directors (term completed 2011).
- Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDOSS): President
- Kentucky Public Health Association: President
- Kentucky Association of Milk, Food and Environmental Sanitarians: President
- Direct work in several natural disasters at State Emergency Operations Center as state health representative.
Education/brief professional credentials:
- BS Environmental Resources
- Registered Environmental Health Specialist Sanitarian (R.S.)
- Certified Manager in Fundamental programs.