CSO Standard Specialist
DFSR D&I Branch Roles & Responsibilities:
Assigned States: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont
MFRPS SME for Standards 5 & 9
National Standards Task Group
Emergency Response Work Group
- Joined FDA Division of Federal State Relations – July 2010
- Consumer Safety Officer – Title: Manufactured Food Regulatory Program Specialist in the DFSR Development and Integration Branch (D&I Branch).
- Provides food regulatory program leadership support to state programs and federal partners and enhances federal-state communication and collaboration to facilitate state conformance with food regulatory standards towards a fully integrated food safety system.
- Working in DFSR to further develop the Manufactured Food Regulatory Program Standards and outreach program as part of FDA’s on-going initiative towards federal-state integration.
- MA Department of Public Health – Food Protection Program 26 years during which she served as a Senior Food and Drug Inspector, Local Health and Retail Food Unit Supervisor, Foodborne Illness Response Coordinator, Assistant Director for Food Safety and within the last 5 years as the Director of the MA Food Protection Program.
- As Director of the FPP was responsible for overseeing MA seafood, dairy and retail food cooperative programs and the manufactured food licensure and inspection program. She was responsible for direct oversight of all manufactured food facilities as well as for promulgation and implementation of retail food regulations in cooperation with 351 local health Departments. While Director, Ms. Neves was responsible for environmental food regulatory component of the MA Working Group on Foodborne Illness Control and formation of the MA Coalition for Food Safety and Defense. She was also responsible for program activities related to the RRTs and served as a member of the Riskbased Workplanning Committee on the FDA Partnership for Food Protection. As Assistant Director and subsequently Director, she was responsible for initiating the FPP’s enrollment and participation in both the Retail and Manufactured Food Regulatory Program Standards.
M.Ed. Instructional Design (Adult Education and Organizational Development)
Registered Environmental Health Specialist/ Registered Sanitarian
Certified Professional Food Safety (CP-FS)