For Federal, State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial Officials
DFSR D&I Branch Staff Bio: Guy Delius
Guy F. Delius, R.S.
- Joined FDA Division of Federal State Relations in December 2010
- Consumer Safety Officer: Manufactured Foods Regulatory Program Standards (MFRPS) Specialist-Development and Integration Branch.
- Office: Louisville, Kentucky. FDA Louisville Resident Post within the Cincinnati District.
- Provides regulatory program leadership support to state programs, federal partners and other stakeholders. Enhance federal-state communications and collaborations by facilitating state participation and conformance with the food regulatory standards. Encourages a fully integrated food safety system.
- Working in DFSR to further develop the MFRPS and outreach programs as part of FDA’s mission and ongoing initiatives regarding federal-state integration.
Prior to FDA:
- Many on the job experiences including assembling and leading an EMAC team of 17 environmental strike team members to assist the state of Mississippi after hurricane Katrina.
- Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO) Executive Board of Directors (term completed 2011).
- Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDOSS): President
- Kentucky Public Health Association: President
- Kentucky Association of Milk, Food and Environmental Sanitarians: President
- Direct work in several natural disasters at State Emergency Operations Center as state health representative.
Education/brief professional credentials:
- BS Environmental Resources
- Registered Environmental Health Specialist-Sanitarian (R.S.)
- Certified Manager in Fundamental programs.