Identifying the source of an outbreak with speed and precision.
A look at various causes and treatments.
Learn how it protects Americans from the dangers of tobacco products.
When consumed by women before and during pregnancy, folic acid may help to prevent neural tube birth defects.
Navigate the For Consumers Section
Timely and easy-to-read articles covering all FDA activities and regulated productsProtect Yourself
Buying medicines online, health fraud, warnings and enforcement, safety alerts, and reporting problems to FDA
Recent Consumer Updates
- Whole Genome Sequencing: Cracking the Genetic Code for Foodborne Illness
- Coping With Memory Loss
- The Facts on the FDA's New Tobacco Rule
- Adding Folic Acid to Corn Masa Flour May Prevent Birth Defects
- Problems with E-Cigarettes, Vape Products, Hookah, Cigarettes or Tobacco? Tell FDA
- Warning: Aspirin-Containing Antacid Medicines Can Cause Bleeding
- For Women: The FDA Gives Tips to Prevent Heart Disease