Protect yourself with these resources including information about health fraud scams and tips for buying medication, medical devices, and radiation-emitting products online. Learn about enforcement actions taken by the FDA to protect the public.
- Learn some ways to tell fact from fiction.
- Watch this video to learn how to recognize and avoid health fraud scams.
- FDA cybercrimes unit shuts down hundreds of rogue pharmacy websites.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC: Counterfeit – Don’t Buy Into Organized Crime
- NIH National Institute on Aging: Beware of Health Scams
- NIH Office of Dietary Supplements: How To Evaluate Health Information on the Internet
Federal Trade Commission's Bureau of Consumer Protection Drug Enforcement Administration: Report Suspicious Internet Pharmacies
- NABP - State Boards of Pharmacy
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection: Restrictions on Prescription Drugs
FDA warns consumers about fraudulent Ebola treatment products FDA warns consumers not to use Eu Yan Sang (Hong Kong) Ltd.’s “Bo Ying compound" Some Bee Pollen Weight Loss Products Are a Dangerous Scam Beware of False or Misleading Claims for Treating Autism Can a Dietary Supplement Treat a Concussion? No!