Multi-Media Consumer Information
Are Products From China Safe?
FDA stages a mock inspection of a plant in China's Zhejiang province that makes congee, a breakfast food, to demonstrate what inspectors look for to ensure that the end product is safe for consumers.
Illegally Sold Diabetes Treatments
FDA is advising consumers to beware of illegally sold products to treat diabetes and related complications. These products are found online and in retail stores, and have not been evaluated or approved by the FDA as safe and effective in treating diabetes. For more information read this Consumer Update.
- FDA's Pamela Scott Discusses Reusable Medical Devices and Mother's Surgery (MP3 - 3MB)
- HCG Diet Products Are Illegal [ARCHIVED]
- FDA Reduces Dose of Acetaminophen in Combination Prescription Products (MP3 - 2.6MB) [ARCHIVED]
- Withdrawal of Medicine Containing Propoxyphene (MP3 - 3MB) [ARCHIVED]
- FDA Warns Marketers of Unapproved ‘Chelation’ Products (MP3 - 2.6MB) [ARCHIVED]
- More FDA Drug Safety Podcasts
Beware of Illegally Sold Diabetes Treatments - Audio Podcast