Take Time To Care Partners
Partners in Safety
The Take Time To Care (TTTC) Program addresses the health issues of the nation’s women by conducting outreach and education initiatives on a variety of health topics including HIV, smoking cessation, contraception, safe medication use, menopause, diabetes, and heart disease. To reach women where they live and work, the Take Time To Care program collaborates with other government agencies, national organizations, and industry to disseminate FDA Office of Women's Health publications and promote medication safety. These organizations have printed and/or distributed TTTC materials, sponsored outreach events, and established web portals to help raise awareness about TTTC materials. Select TTTC Partners are listed on this page.
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) - TTTC is partnering with the HRSA Patient Safety Clinical Pharmacy Services Collaborative to conduct a medication safety health education initiative. TTTC consumer information is disseminated as part of clinical pharmacy services at HRSA-supported community health centers. A free web-based course was also developed to educate pharmacists, physicians, and nurses about factors such as low health literacy that limit a patient’s ability to safely use their medications.
- National Institute on Aging (NIA) - TTTC is collaborating on an outreach project targeting Spanish speaking older adults. All TTTC Spanish language publications are available on the NIA website: www.nia.nih.gov/Espanol. The user-friendly website has information on a wide range of health topics of interest to Hispanic seniors including diabetes, food safety, high blood pressure, and depression.
- Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) - TTTC is partnering with the 10x10 Wellness Campaign, an initiative of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) that was created to educate about the importance of wellness for people with behavioral health problems and to fulfill a pledge to reduce the disparity in early mortality by 10 years in the next 10 years.
- Office of Population Affairs (OPA) - TTTC is collaborating with the Office of Population Affairs Clearinghouse to disseminate TTTC publications related to reproductive health including pap tests, birth control, medicine and pregnancy, fibroids, and HIV.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) -TTTC is collaborating with NIFA to promote and support diabetes prevention and control and better health among women and their families at the state, local, and community levels. NIFA is the Federal partner in the nationwide Cooperative Extension System (CES).
- Pharmacy Choice - TTTC is collaborating with Pharmacy Choice Inc. to disseminate health education materials written for consumers. Pharmacy Choice, Inc. designed and launched a webpage devoted to FDA OWH publications and shares the link with their 135,000+ newsletter subscribers.
- Medco - TTTC is collaborating with Medco to make FDA OWH publications available to patients who visit the Medco Therapeutic Resource Center on women's health. Medco Therapeutic Resource Centers (TRCs) are staffed with pharmacists who are trained and certified in specific chronic health conditions and have expertise in the medications that treat them.
Take Time To Care Campaign Partners
The FDA Office of Women's Health conducts national outreach campaigns to educate women about targeted health issues such medication safety, diabetes, menopause hormone therapy, and mammography. To view TTTC campaign partners, visit:
- Use Medicines Wisely Campaign Partners
- Menopause Hormone Therapy Campaign Partners
- College Campaign Partners
To learn more about becoming a Take Time To Care Partner visit the Invitation to Collaborate Website. We look forward to working with you to promote women's health.