Menopause and Hormones Purse Guide
What Can You Believe?
Questions for your doctor, nurse or pharmacist Are hormones right for me? Why? Are there other things I can use or do? What are the benefits and risks? How long should I use hormone therapy? What is the lowest dose that will work for me? What are the side effects? If I want to stop hormones, how should I do that?
When should I be checked for:
* Blood pressure * Bone health * Breast cancer * Cervical cancer * Cholesterol * Colon cancer * Dental health * Diabetes * Eye and Ear health * Thyroid disease?
Do you have any advice to help me:
* Eat right and control weight * Be more active * Stop smoking * Eat right * Sleep better * Manage stress?
REMEMBER When using hormone therapy for menopause
* Use at the lowest dose that helps
* Use for the shortest time needed.
This document was developed by FDA and other agencies of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). HHS thanks all of the participating organizations that have assisted in its reproduction and distribution:
- Federal Citizen Information Center US General Services Administration
- National Women's Health Information Center, US Department of Health and Human Services
- Food and Drug Administration, US Department of Health and Human Services
- National Institutes of Health US Department of Health and Human Services
- Agency for Healthcare Research Quality US Department of Health and Human Services