The content on this page is provided for reference purposes only. This content has not been altered or updated since it was archived.
Free webcast of CCR5 co-receptor meeting
FDA/Forum for Collaborative HIV Research Collaborative Meeting on Long-Term Safety Concerns Associated with CCR5 Antagonist Development
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
The Forum for Collaborative HIV Research and the FDA's Division of Antiviral Products will host an open public meeting on May 31, 2006 to discuss issues regarding the development of CCR5 co-receptor antagonists for the treatment of HIV infection. Specific issues for discussion are mechanisms for long-term follow-up to monitor safety of patients enrolled in CCR5 antagonist clinical trials, potential consequences of viral tropism changes, and characterization of resistance to these investigational agents.
WEBCAST INFORMATION FOR THOSE NOT ABLE TO ATTEND IN PERSON:
Free Webcast Set-up:
- You will need to go to FDALive.com and follow the directions below.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and login or become a member.
- Once you log in or become a member of FDALive.com on the home page you will see and click Upcoming Webcast.
- Under Upcoming Webcast you will see the meeting of interest on the same line item click Order Webcast.
- Put a Check in the webcast order for $0.00 and Add Items to Cart Above.
- Next Click on Checkout.
- Scroll down to bottom of page and purchase meeting on account number: 053106 - then continue.
- On next page scroll down to bottom one last time and click Process Order.
- Once order goes thru on the next page you will continue to My Account.
- You will find the link to the meeting on the homepage or in My Account Area
(Before the meeting the link will state PENDING and on the day of the meeting the link will state VIEW WEBCAST
- On the meeting day you login to FDALive.com / you will see the View Webcast button - Click and begin viewing.
If you have any problems or need help: please call us at 301.984.0001 or email: support@FDALive.com
**The webcast will be accessible up to one year after the meeting for future reference**
FOR THOSE WHO ARE ABLE TO ATTEND IN PERSON:
The meeting will be held from 8:30am - 4:15pm in the Continental Ballroom and Amphitheater on the 3rd floor of The George Washington University Marvin Center (The Marvin Center, 800 21st Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20052). For information regarding directions, parking, etc. please go to http://gwired.gwu.edu/marvincenter/info/Address/.
The final agenda and a list of Background Documents are available on the Forum's website at www.hivforum.org. We will have a limited number of copies at the meeting so we would prefer participants to view the documents beforehand or to make their own copies if possible.
Registration/check-in will begin at 8:00 am outside of the Continental Ballroom. We will also have an overflow room (Amphitheater-next to Continental Ballroom) which will allow those who are not able to sit inside the Continental Ballroom to view the meeting via webcast.
Lunch will not be provided; however, there are plenty of area restaurants/eateries that you can walk to. Across from the Marvin Center, the shops at 2000 Penn offer a variety of places to eat. Please visit their website for ideas - http://www.2000penn.com/wheretoeat.html. Lunch will be from 12:30 - 1:30pm.
If you should have any questions pertaining to the meeting on the 31st, please contact Becky Griesse at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 202-416-0494.
HIV/AIDS Program Director
Office of Special Health Issues
Food and Drug Administration