Statin Drug Class Announcement
- FDA Expands Advice on Statin Risks
- Use Nutrition Labels to Be Heart Healthy
Your Beatin' Heart
- Devices That Keep the Heart Beating
Cardiovascular disease—including heart disease and stroke—is the leading cause of death in the United States. Every day, 2,200 people die from cardiovascular disease—that's 815,000 Americans each year, or 1 in every 3 deaths.
FDA-regulated medications and devices are among the most common methods used to manage cardiovascular disease. FDA is committed to getting accurate, science-based information in the hands of people affected by cardiovascular disease so they can use medicines, devices and foods to maintain and improve their health.
Subscribe to FDA Updates
- FDA CardioBeat - FDA's Cardiovascular Disease e-mail list delivers updates on safety and regulatory issues related to cardiovascular disease, including product approvals, safety warnings, notices of upcoming public meetings, and notices about proposed regulatory guidances.
- Patient Network News - A twice monthly newsletter containing FDA-related information on a variety of topics, including new product approvals, significant labeling changes, safety warnings, public meetings, and more.
- MedWatch E-list - Clinically important medical product safety alerts, delivered via e-mail and/or SMS text messages.