- Proposed changes aim to expand and highlight the information you most need when making food choices.
- As a consumer, you play a role in preventing illness due to food tampering. Follow these tips to keep you and your family safe.
- The investigation is associated with a Listeria outbreak in California and Maryland.
- The most sweeping reform of our food safety laws in more than 70 years aims to ensure the U.S. food supply is safe by focusing on prevention.
Navigate the Food Section
Food recalls, safety alerts and advisories, outbreak investigations, and keeping food safe in emergencies.Foodborne Illness & Contaminants
Preventing foodborne illness and info on pathogens, chemicals, pesticides, natural toxins, and metals.Ingredients, Packaging & Labeling
Information about ingredients, additives, contact substances, GRAS, allergens, and nutrition labeling.Dietary Supplements
Using dietary supplements and FDA's role in regulating supplement products and dietary ingredients.Food Defense
FDA's role in helping reduce the risk of malicious, criminal, or terrorist actions on the food supply.Science & Research (Food)
Biotechnology, laboratory methods and publications, research strategic plan, and research areas such as risk assessment and consumer behavior.
Guidance documents, FSMA, CGMPs, HACCP, facility registration, retail food protection, and import/export.Compliance & Enforcement
Reportable Food Registry, warning and untitled letters, and inspection and compliance programs.International & Interagency Coordination
International outreach, trade and interagency agreements, and the International Visitor’s Program.Popular Topics
Collected information on topics including milk, seafood, juice, energy drinks, and more.Resources for You
Information for audiences including consumers, regulated industry, health educators, and others.News & Events
Updates and announcements, meetings and events, and food safety grants.
Recent Food News Releases and Updates
FDA proposes updates to Nutrition Facts label on food packages
FDA warns against using Uncle Ben's Infused Rice
- Constituent Update: FDA Proposes Updates to Nutrition Facts Label on Food Packages
- 03/04/2014 Constituent Update: FDA Reopens Comment Period on Draft Industry Guidance on Evaporated Cane Juice as a Food-Labeling Term
Recent Food Recalls
Gretchen’s Shoebox Express Issues Allergy Alert for Limited Number of Greek Yogurt Raspberry & Lemon Parfait cups Due to Undeclared Eggs. House of Flavors Issues Voluntary Recall Due to Possible Undeclared Nut Allergen in Belmont Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream HC Schau and Sons issues allergy alert on undeclared Pine Nuts in ‘Fresh To Go’ Tuscan Style Combo on Tomato Basil Bread (sandwich).
- More Food Recalls