- Use the Nutrition Facts on the Food Label to make quick, informed food choices that contribute to healthy lifelong eating habits.
- Learn how CORE detects, responds to and prevents multi-state outbreaks.
- The most sweeping reform of our food safety laws in more than 70 years aims to ensure the U.S. food supply is safe by focusing on prevention.
Navigate the Food Section
Food recalls, safety alerts and advisories, outbreak investigations, and keeping food safe in emergencies.Foodborne Illness & Contaminants
Preventing foodborne illness and info on pathogens, chemicals, pesticides, natural toxins, and metals.Ingredients, Packaging & Labeling
Information about ingredients, additives, contact substances, GRAS, allergens, and nutrition labeling.Dietary Supplements
Using dietary supplements and FDA's role in regulating supplement products and dietary ingredients.Food Defense
FDA's role in helping reduce the risk of malicious, criminal, or terrorist actions on the food supply.Science & Research (Food)
Biotechnology, laboratory methods and publications, research strategic plan, and research areas such as risk assessment and consumer behavior.
Guidance documents, FSMA, CGMPs, HACCP, facility registration, retail food protection, and import/export.Compliance & Enforcement
Reportable Food Registry, warning and untitled letters, and inspection and compliance programs.International & Interagency Coordination
International outreach, trade and interagency agreements, and the International Visitor's Program.Popular Topics
Collected information on topics including milk, seafood, juice, energy drinks, and more.Resources for You
Information for audiences including consumers, regulated industry, health educators, and others.News & Events
Updates and announcements, meetings and events, and food safety grants.
Recent Food News Releases and Updates
- 03/05/2015 Constituent Update: FDA’s Survey of Milk Finds Few Drug Residues
- 02/26/2015 Constituent Update: FDA Launches FDA-iRISK 2.0
- 02/24/2015 Constituent Update: FDA, Federal Partners Develop Improved Method for Attributing Foodborne Illness
- 02/12/2015 News Release: California food company to cease operations for repeated food safety violations
Recent Food Recalls
Ateeco, Inc., Maker of Mrs. T’s Pierogies, Issues Voluntary Regional Product Recall of Mozzarella, Tomato & Basil Pierogies Due to Plastic Contamination Fairway “Like No Other Market” Recalls Fairway Brand Raw Hazelnuts (Filberts) Because of Possible Health Risk WhiteWave Foods Voluntarily Recalls Horizon Cheddar Sandwich Crackers
- More Food Recalls
FDA Investigated Listeria monocytogenes Illnesses Linked to Caramel Apples FDA Investigated Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Enteritidis Linked to Mung Bean Sprouts Produced by Wonton Foods Inc. of New York FDA Investigated Listeria monocytogenes in Sprouts from Wholesome Soy Products, Inc.
- More Outbreak Investigations