October 22, 2014
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is announcing a public meeting to discuss proposed changes to four rules originally proposed in 2013 to implement the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA). In response to the comments received on these foundational FSMA proposed rules, FDA issued supplemental notices of proposed rulemaking that propose changes and updates to four of the proposed FSMA rules: Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Human Food (Preventive Controls of Human Food); Standards for the Growing, Harvesting, Packing, and Holding of Produce for Human Consumption (Produce Safety); Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Food for Animals (Preventive Controls for Animal Food); and Foreign Supplier Verification Programs for Importers of Food for Humans and Animals (Foreign Supplier Verification Programs).
The meeting will be held November 13, 2014, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm at the Harvey W. Wiley Federal Building, 5100 Paint Branch Parkway, College Park, MD 20740.
The purpose of the meeting is to solicit oral stakeholder and public comments on the new content of the supplemental proposed rules and to inform the public about the rulemaking process (including how to submit comments, data, and other information to the rulemaking dockets), and to respond to questions about the revised proposed rules.
For general questions about the meeting and to request special accommodations due to a Disability, contact: Juanita Yates, FDA, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, telephone: 240-402-1731, e-mail: email@example.com.
Registration and Additional Information
Public Meeting attendees are encouraged to register on-line to attend the meeting in person and via, live Webcast or contact: Courtney Treece, Planning Professionals Ltd., 1210 W. McDermott St., Suite 111, Allen, TX 75013, telephone: 704-258-4983, fax: 469-854-6992, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Early registration is recommended because seating is limited.
- Register Now
- Federal Register Notice Announcing the Public Meeting
- Proposed Supplemental Rule for Produce Safety
- Proposed Supplemental Rule for Preventive Controls for Human Food
- Proposed Supplemental Rule for Preventive Controls for Animal Food
- Proposed Supplemental Rule for Foreign Supplier Verification Programs (FSVP)
Please note the following important dates:
- October 27, 2014: Closing date for request to make Oral Comment
- October 27, 2014: Closing date to request special accommodation due to a Disability
- November 7, 2014: Closing date for Advanced Registration
- December 15, 2014: Closing date to submit either electronic or written comments to FDA’s Division of Dockets Management.