June 8, 2009
Advancements in Food Safety Education: Trends, Tools and Technologies, the fourth national food safety education conference, will be held March 23-26, 2010 at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta, Atlanta GA. The conference will be hosted by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and NSF, and co-sponsored by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Partnership for Food Safety Education, and the NSF/WHO Collaborating Centre for Food Safety.
The conference will build on the momentum of the 2006 National Food Safety Education Conference, "Reaching At-Risk Audiences and Today's Other Food Safety Challenges" to increase awareness of and promote public health practices that support food safety and health protection among healthcare, medical and public health professionals, and, through them, consumers.
The 2010 conference objectives are to:
- Update causes and casualties with the latest available foodborne illness surveillance, statistical, and epidemiological data
- Improve effectiveness of social marketing techniques and evaluation
- Enlist the medical profession in food safety outreach
- Preview the role of technology in consumer education
- Identify opportunities for future partnerships and collaboration