Around the Block: What Is Spot The Block
- What Is Spot The Block
- Practical Parent Tips
- Nutrition Facts at a Glance
- Key Messages
- Fun On The Block
- Block Tools
- Links To More Nutrition News
What is Spot the Block
Spot The Block is a campaign aimed at helping tweens (ages 9—13) to understand FDA's Nutrition Facts Label on food packages and then use that information to make healthful dietary choices. It uses action-based nutrition messages to educate and motivate tweens. It also encourages parents to help their kids establish good eating habits through this Web site and a variety of media communications to promote parent awareness. The parent effort supports tweens' efforts to use the Nutrition Facts Label when making food choices. Together, parents and their children can Spot The Block to make informed decisions about food based on nutrition facts. Knowing the facts about nutrition is one step that can help kids fight childhood obesity and prevent health problems later in life.
About Around the Block Sitelet
Around the Block helps to you get your child their food facts first! You will discover a wealth of information about Spot The Block's three key messages:
- Check Out the Serving Size
- Consider the Calories
- Choose Nutrients Wisely
Features of Around the Block that help make nutrition interesting and enjoyable include:
- Practical Parent Tips - Helpful tips for discussing nutrition and healthful eating habits.
- Fun On The Block - Fun facts that parents can share to spark their child's interest.
- Nutrition Facts at a Glance - A close-up look at the Nutrition Facts Label16 on food packages.
- Links To More Nutrition News - Links to other useful Web sites and organizations.