FDA’s Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN) has a wealth of educational materials that make it easy to understand and use the Nutrition Facts Label. Consumers, educators, teachers, dietitians, and health professionals are invited to check out CFSAN’s many resources and printable materials.
NOTE: FDA has issued final changes to update the Nutrition Facts label for packaged foods. For more information, see Changes to the Nutrition Facts Label.
In the virtual world of Whyville, young “citizens” can practice label reading in the online community and develop skills for making healthy snack choices in the real world. Visit today, and play the new Label Lingo and Snack Sort games in the Snack Shack!
The next generation of the award-winning Spot the Block campaign challenges kids (ages 9 to 13) to use the Nutrition Facts Label to make healthy food choices. With engaging content, parent information, and grassroots outreach resources, kids and families can Read the Label today—and every day!
Sodio: Lea la etiqueta (Spanish)
Over 75% of dietary sodium comes from eating packaged and restaurant foods. The Nutrition Facts Label is an important tool you can use every day to see the amount of sodium in packaged foods and beverages and to make informed dietary choices to help lower your daily sodium intake.
Food Facts: Nutrition Fact Sheets
The Nutrition Facts Label is a handy tool for comparing and choosing foods that contribute to a healthy diet. FDA’s Food Facts fact sheets cover a variety of nutrition topics, condensing key information into printable fact sheets.
- Calorie Labeling on Restaurant Menus and Vending Machines
- Choosing Healthful Foods Using the Nutrition Facts Label
- Gluten and Food Labeling
- Talking About Trans Fat: What You Need to Know
- La grasa trans: lo que debe saber (Spanish)
- Eating Healthier and Feeling Better Using the Nutrition Facts Label
- How to Understand and Use the Nutrition Facts Label
Multimedia materials can be used by educators, community groups, families, and anyone interested in accessing additional nutrition education assets.
- Don't Let Your Food Take You By Surprise. Read the Label!
- Eat for a Healthy Heart
- Healthy Breakfasts for Kids: It’s All About Balance
- Kids 'n Fiber
- Nutrition Facts Label Images for Download
- The Food Label & You
- The Nutrition Facts Label: Look for It and Use It!
- Your Food Is Trying To Tell You Something!
Nutrition for Older Adults
Good nutrition can help older adults feel their best and stay strong. It can also help reduce the risk of and/or manage the symptoms of some diseases that are common among older adults.
- Using the Nutrition Facts Label: A How-To Guide for Older Adults
- The Story of the Laws Behind the Labels
- USDA ChooseMyPlate.gov
- USDA National Nutrient Database
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- NIH Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) Eating Plan
- CDC Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity