Prior Notice for Food Articles Step-by-Step Instructions for PNSI: Using the Product Code Wizard
This document may be printed directly from your browser.
To aid in reading a printed copy it is recommended that it be printed in "landscape" mode.
- New Features in Prior Notice System Interface (PNSI)
- Additional Capabilities for PNSI (Copy, Cancel and Find Existing Web Entries and Prior Notices)
- Choose the Search button in the Product Information section (Figure 18) to display the Find Product Code page (Figure 22).
- On the Find Product Code page search for a particular Product Code by either:
- Entering keywords in the Product Name box and/or portions of the Product Code, or
- Building the Product Code by selecting its component parts: Industry, Class, and Group. In this example we will build the Product Code for canned bean and mushroom soup by selecting the component parts of the Product Code.
- The Find Product Code: Select Class page displays (Figure 23), listing all products within the selected Product Industry. Select a Product Class (e.g., SOUPS, CONC - B) and then choose the Next button.
Note: On the Find Product Code: Select Class page, you may also scroll through the list and choose the desired product.
- The Find Product Code: Select Product Group page displays all Product Groups within the Product Class (Figure 24). Select a Product Group by choosing a Product in the Products column (e.g., MIXED VEGETABLE SOUP, CONCENTRATED).
- The Find Product: Complete Product Definition page displays (Figure 25), prompting you to indicate the appropriate Packaging Method (e.g., METAL - E) and Process Applied (e.g., COMMERCIALLY STERILE - E). This completes the Product Code Definition.
- Choose the Select button to select the Product Code for your article. The Prior Notice: Article (Create) page will display, including the complete Product Code (e.g., 38BEE28) and definition (e.g., MIXED VEGETABLE SOUP, CONCENTRATED, METAL, COMMERCIALLY STERILE ).
- Continue entering Product Information.