Instructions for PNSI Version 2.0.00
- The Prior Notice Concept: Terms
- Accessing the Prior Notice Sytem Interface (PNSI)
- Creating a New Web Entry
- Creating and Submitting a Prior Notice
- Completing a Web Entry
Completing Web Entries is required after submitting all Prior Notices for the Web Entry. Completing the Web Entry alerts FDA to expect no further Prior Notices for the Web Entry and cancels any remaining Prior Notices in Draft status. When a Web Entry is "Completed", the system accepts no additional Prior Notices, but allows you to cancel the Web Entry or associated Prior Notices.
- When you have submitted all Prior Notices you intend to submit for a Web Entry, complete the Web Entry by choosing the Complete Web Entry button located at the top right of the Prior Notice: Submitted page (Figure 34).
- The system will display the Complete Web Entry? page to remind users that once a Web Entry has been completed the Web Entry and associated prior notices may no longer be modified and ask for confirmation that the Web Entry should be completed (Figure 35). Select the Yes button to complete the Web Entry, or No to return.
- The Web Entry (View): Completed page displays (Figure 36). Choose the Print Summary button to create the Web Entry Summary Confirmation page as a PDF. You may print the PDF file or save it to your computer's hard drive. Make sure the Carrier receives a copy to present to United States Customs and Border Protection or the Food and Drug Administration at the Port of Arrival. The Prior Notice Confirmation Number must accompany food carried by or otherwise accompanying an individual.
Note: If you do not Complete your Web Entry before the end of the timely submission period based upon the mode of transportation (2 hours before arrival for Land, 4 hours before arrival for Air or Rail, or 8 hours before arrival for Water), the system completes it automatically. If the system automatically completes your Web Entry and you need to submit additional Prior Notices for it, copy the Web Entry and continue creating and submitting Prior Notices.