200 C Street, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20204
January 29, 1996
TO: All Regional Food and Drug Directors
Attn: Regional Milk Specialists
FROM: Milk Safety Branch (HFS-626)
SUBJECT: G&H Mechanically Cleanable GHVB Vacuum Breaker
The GHVB Mechanically Cleanable Vacuum Breaker for use on HTST Pasteurizers has been reviewed and found to comply with the applicable provisions of the Grade A Pasteurized Milk Ordinance (PMO), when installed and operated in accord these provisions:
- Installation is in accordance with G&H Instruction Manual IM 881-35779.
- The vacuum breaker is installed in the verticle position.
- The vacuum breaker is installed in a horizonal pasteurized milk line.
- The Vent/CIP discharge port is open to the atmosphere twelve (12) inches above any raw milk in the HTST system.
- If a drain line is used to return solution to the systems the line shall comply with item 10p and 11p of the PMO.
Copies of this memoranda are provided for distribution to state milk control agencies and state milk sanitation rating officers in your region. States desiring further information or copies of the materials concerning this equipment contact:
G&H Products Corp.
7600 57th Avenue
Kenosha, WI 53141-1199
Attn: Per Anderson
Page 2 - All Regional Food and Drug Directors
The FDA's review of this dairy equipment and our findings that it is in compliance with the applicable items of this PMO does not constitute agency endorsement or approval and any representation on labels, printed literature or by any other means that it is "FDA Approved" is false.
Steven T. Sims
G&H GHVB Brochure